Articles published on this blog are my opinion only, and may not necessarily reflect the views of any organisations with which I am associated. Please be aware that articles posted on this blog are not intended as a substitute for professional medical advice. If you have a medical problem relating to breastfeeding, please seek further advice from a Lactation Consultant (IBCLC) or trained Breastfeeding Counsellor.

Friday, 24 June 2011

Cupcake Challenge

A few weeks ago on facebook, I spotted that someone had come up with a fundraising idea for my local hospital. Upon reading the poster, I signed up immediately: dubbed a "Cupcake Challenge", it presented me with an opportunity too irresistible to miss. The winner was set to win all the funds raised to donate to a hospital ward or charity of their choice. Purely by accident, the "Cupcake Challenge" was held during Breastfeeding Awareness Week, so it seemed fitting to create cupcakes in the hope of raising some funds for the hospital's breastfeeding peer support programme.

These were my entries...


"yummy mummy milk"

One for my Welsh friends: "llaeth mam" (mummy milk)

"baby's first immunisation"

"every feed counts"
- inspired by the UKAMB's slogan "every drop counts"

"fresh milk daily"
- inspired by dairy tankers.
I've always wanted to borrow this slogan for the benefit of breastfeeding!

"supply on demand"

"meal deal"

"the wonder isn't the bra"
-inspired by Best for Babes in the US

"life-saving equipment"
- also inspired by Best for Babes in the US

"experts in infant nutrition"
- inspired by flicking through a few infant formula websites. I just thought I needed to point out who the real experts are...!

15 comments:

  1. Dwi'n hoffi eich cacennau, Anne-Marie!!
    A great fundraising ploy - all customers will feel the need to buy the cakes in PAIRS!!! My favourite is "Fresh Milk Daily", I think.
    Well done xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh - I hadn't thought of it as a ploy! But now you mention it, it's genius! Hahaha!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are awesome! Love, love, love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute! Just wish you had used the proper spelling of "immunization", with a z.

    ReplyDelete
  5. @ Sara B. No sadly, I didn't win. There were thousands of entries - I'm not the only one who likes a challenge! ;)

    @Anonymous: I am from the UK, where the proper spelling of "immunisation" is with an s. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fab cakes! :) To Anonymous - that IS the correct spelling of immunisation, with an s - if you live in the UK, as I'm thinking the blog author does...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful! (Pity cupcakes aren't very nutritionally wonderful,but yours look too good to eat anyway!) Maybe someone can combine your culinary art with those knitted, sewn or crocheted cupcakes (eg http://www.flickr.com/photos/silvialeite/2733779158/) and make longer lasting versions.

    ReplyDelete
  8. these cakes are fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm hoping you don't mind, but if all goes well, I think I'm going to completely copy you & make some cupcakes just like this for the Relay for Life (huge Cancer fundraiser) even this month...what a fantastic idea!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi Cinnamonamon,
    I don't mind at all! LOTS of cancer-preventative/reduction type slogans spring to mind! And I'd love to see what you come up with too, if you wouldn't mind sharing photos on my facebook page?
    A-M

    ReplyDelete

Please feel free to comment!
All comments are moderated, so may take some time to appear.